With parent/caregiver as the co-teacher in the pool, in a small friendly group of like-minded parents, your baby will learn through a structured program carefully designed to develop safety, confidence and coordination in the water.
- Starting a swimming program early encourages a lifetime of participation and enjoyment in and around water
- Positive social experiences with peers of same age
- Develops mobility and coordination
- Learn life saving safety skills
- Enjoy uninterrupted quality time with your little one
- Happy, caring, child centred instructors
- Learn through interactive songs, games and activities
- Allows each child to develop at their own pace
WHAT YOUR BABY WILL LEARN
- Mobility – kicking and paddling skills for propulsion
- Breath Control – allows your baby to submerge and swim underwater independently
- Back floating – an important safety and survival skill
- Safety techniques Eg. Grabbing the wall, monkey walking to safety, climbing out.
ASCTASwim Australia Submersion Guidelines
Specifically for graduates of Superbabes. With no more than 3 per class, this class will encourage independence without the parent in the water.
2½ years is a general rule, however, your instructor will advise on your child’s individual needs.